Friday, October 10, 2014

Fun Friday: Story Time!

At the end of the day on Fridays, we have Circle Time again, and recap the week. We review flash cards, sing our favourite songs, and close with a story, which the kids choose. 

The story we read the most is Pete the Cat - I Love my White Shoes, by Eric Litwin.



It's a great way to end the week. I love how into the stories they get. They know this Pete book pretty well, and it's so fun to hear them tell the next part of the story even before I turn the page.

They get so excited when Pete (a small stuffed toy of the main character) comes to school, and when he's not there, the ask after him.

I like it because they're so into story time, and also I like the message in the book - that when things go wrong or we make a mistake, we get back up and try again.

I love ending the week on such a positive note.

No comments:

Post a Comment