Thursday, March 1, 2012

Woah, it’s MARCH already!

March 1st. The beginning of 31 days of Marchness.

spring
Here’s a bit of what I’ll be up to this month:

Wedding planning. Hello? It’s less than 6 months away! Seriously, though, things are pretty much under control on the wedding front. This month we’ll start batting around favour ideas, and continue battling over ties (Me: the ties need to be somewhat coordinated. Tall Guy: they can’t look stupid and flowery. Me: I don’t pick stupid ties. Tall Guy: I beg to differ). The priority is printing the Spanish invitation (yes, we’re doing two rounds, easier and less wordy than a bilingual invite!). Unfortunately, we’re both more interested in (and better at) the search for the perfect cake, which may or may not involve tasting some…


Going outside. The air is fresh, flowers are blooming, and the days are getting longer! The plan? Spend as many lunch breaks outside as possible, and take many weeknight walks to Snog. Hit up Hyde Park, visit the crazy birds in Kensington Gardens, and maybe pet some deer in Richmond Park. Sorting. We have, as I mentioned, too much stuff! It’s time to sort through the closet and donate all things that a) do not fit and b) we do not wear. Books (oh, how I hate parting with books) are also being sorted, and I’ve been banished to the library (hey, not a bad thing) instead of buying, as my shelves are groaning. (Today, by the way, is International Book Day; I’ve finished Margaret Trudeau’s memoir, and am now into Watership Down.)

Cooking. Fish pie, leek soup, fruit salad, olive oil-tangerine cake (another Snog recipe that’s going on repeat at our place). This spell of nice weather has me craving lighter dishes and lots of salads. Could it be time to put aside the slow cooker? I’ve also got a new recipe book (more on that soon), which is sure to delight Tall Guy.

Exercising. March is the month for me to get back into the exercise habit. Why? See number one. I’ve got a wedding dress. No size-changing allowed. No going up, or down, not more or less around. And, well, it IS good to exercise. Blarg! In Canada it was easy – I met my Fairy God Sister at the gym each morning for 30 minutes, and we had a blast! Here I go solo (Fairy God Sister, this is your cue to announce you’re moving in with me). I’m doing Mad Abs March, going to yoga, flamenco and Zumba each once a week, and swimming (44 laps, read this to learn why) twice a week. And of course, Tall Guy and I continue to take our long, exploratory, weekend rambles.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to move in with you, but London is a bit of a commute. If it helps encourage you, I've been hitting the gym 4-5 times a week (not in the morning though!). Doing Yoga, Zumba, Boot Camp, Spinning and Body Works & Abs classes. You can do it!! You are one of the most committed people I know!

    ReplyDelete