Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hello from Sunny Rijeka!

After travelling down a long, rainy, pitch black, twisty road, we arrived in Rijeka, Croatia. I´m glad Tall Guy is such a confident driver - I wouldn´t have been able to do it. We drove through the Alps and part of Slovenia (I have a new stamp in my passport). Maybe we´ll be able to see it on the way back?


It stormed during the night, but I was too tired to go to the window to watch. I´m sure it would have been spectacular - our balcony is right on the water´s edge. Today the sea looks clear and beautiful. It looks like how I imagine the water in Greece would be.


Yesterday in Salzburg, we did a lot of walking. Despite the forecast for showers, it was a beautiful sunny day. I saw Mozart´s hair, preserved three ways, the Sound of Music gazebo, and went on a river cruise boat that danced the Viennese Waltz. I also had a fabulous scoop of coconut ice cream. Mmmmm.


This morning I slept in until 9, and then enjoyed a lovely buffet breakfast on the balcony of our hotel. I made one of my "yogurt creations", as Tall Guy calls them, and had some eggs, fruit, and a freshly baked croissant.  There was also a selection of cold cuts and cheese, lettuce, pickles, and tuna pasta salad. I´ve had meat and cheese for breakfast before, but I think I draw the line at pickles and tuna...

The sun is shining and the sea is calling. More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment