Sunday, October 26, 2014

To Teach is to Touch a Life Forever

Anne Shirley. Ms Frizzle. Jo March. Maria. Grades 4, 7 and 8 (same lady!). Sunday School. High school English and Phys Ed. University French, my Canadian Studies TA, my Museum Education instructor. 


As a follow up to my work journal, for me it's important to have work role models. Some are fictional, but most are teachers I've had over the course of my own schooling. All are teachers I admire, and from teaching style to classroom organization, from caring to inspiring, they have traits I hope to bring to my own teaching.

When they going gets tough, I try to think about how one of my role models would handle the situation. When I'm frustrated with a student, that I'd like to be a role model, not a bad memory. I incorporate some of their teachings, and use some of their great ideas.

Many of my past teachers have in some way shaped the type of teacher and person I've become. 

Today I give joyful thanks for them, and hope I can for my students what they were for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment