Friday, March 29, 2013

Snapshot: March

What I'm Into at HopefulLeigh

Once again, it's time for the monthly recap, and I'm linking up with Leigh at HopefulLeigh (I love her blog name!). Although I love Easter, I'm glad March is on its way out - it's been cold. And rainy. And did I mention cold? And rainy? I am ready for some sun! For some spring weather! For my birthday! For a family visit! April is going to be great.

On my nightstand: I'm nearly done reading Teaching Languages to Young Learners, by Lynne Cameron. It might not sound riveting, but trust me - it is! The brain on language is amazing. If you're a language teacher, or your raising kids in a bilingual environment, I highly recommend this book.

I'm also reading The Ice Princess by Camilla Lackberg, Spanish edition. Normally, I love Nordic crime novels, but it's taken me a while to get into this one. I think it's the translation. And I am so over snow and cold weather. Maybe I need a more springy book...

On Screen: We're watching season two of Touch, and I've been watching reruns of Gilmore Girls. Hooray for English TV time!

On my MP3: NiƱa Pastori and Estrella Morente, my favourite flamenco singers.

In my browser: Mainly online newspapers, keeping up to date with the Cypress situation.


look - a tulip in my garden!

On my plate: Strawberries, strawberries, and more strawberries. Today they're in a salad to accompany orange-honey glazed salmon. Yesterday they were in a fruit salad, and the day before, with yogurt for breakfast. We can't get enough!

In my mug: Coffee. It's cold and grey, and only coffee will do.

On my mind: Poe, Edgar Allan. My secondary class is studying him after Easter, and the first stanza of The Raven is running through my mind. "While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping..."

In my agenda: a trip to the beach! It won't be hot, but it will be warmer than Madrid, and it will be sunny!

On my to-do list: spring cleaning, gardening, and maybe painting the hall.

In my heart: my confirmation partner, a very intelligent, diligent girl who is going to be confirmed in April.

6 comments:

  1. What is season 2 of Touch like? I was intrigued by the beginning of the first season but never kept up with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The secondary story is a bit weird (there's a crazy priest...), but it's definitely more fast-paced than season one!

      Delete
  2. I hope your beach trip goes well! Where are you headed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We're off to Denia, in Alicante - the only place in Spain with no rain in the forecast!

      Delete
  3. Reruns of Gilmore Girls = you win. I love that show so much. I can't wait for it to be strawberry season here!

    Thanks for linking up with What I'm Into and for liking my blog name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks for reading, Leigh! My favourite thing about berry season is that you can use them in every meal. No blueberries here, though - too bad!

      Delete