My top ten coffee loves:
1. My coffee maker. Perfect for one North American mug or three teeny-tiny European mugs (can you even call that a mug??).
|my tiny mugs|
3. Coffee grounds. I'm serious, they're useful! They help the compost move along, and more recently, they have become the star ingredient in my homemade wakey-wakey foot scrub. Puts some pep in your step, har har.
4. Flavoured coffees. I can't help it, they're so good! Flavoured syrup shots? I'll have none of them; but give me a flavoured roast, or at least a dash of cinnamon before brewing!
|my tiny coffee maker|
6. Diurno. My favourite place to enjoy a cappuccino in Madrid. You'll get a ski-jump sized peak of steamed milk on the top of a reasonably-sized mug here. It's a coffee shop with a video rental place in it. I like the long picture windows, although the views aren't great, the concrete floors and white furniture, and while I've never rented a video there, I like that I could.
7. Cafe bonbon. This is a Spanish thing, and the point of those tiny cups - a tiny but strong coffee served with a spoonful of sweetened condensed milk. The coffee floats on top until you mix it. A (very) sweet treat, although now I've got a recipe to make sugar-free sweetened condensed milk at home, so yummmm...
8. 12-cup percolators. I got one for Christmas, woot woot! Sometimes I have company. And sometimes I want to have various cups of coffee, like when I'm working through a German lesson or planning on going out past ten at night.
9. Iced coffee spoons. I even like them for cereal or parfaits, or for reaching the last strawberry in Tall Guy's bowl. They're just cool.
10. The smell of coffee that I didn't make coming from the kitchen. There's just something so Saturday about that, don't you think?