Monday, December 31, 2012

Snapshot

What I'm Into at HopefulLeigh


Feeling nosey? Need some ideas for a book to read, a musician to listen to, or food to make? Well, you're in luck! I found this really cool linkup at Hopeful Leigh through this really cool blog. Check out what I'm into and up to this month:

On my nightstand: February by Lisa Moore. It's stark. It's dark. It's gripping. It's Newfoundland and oil rigs and love and loss and beauty in a book. I wanted to save it for February, but I couldn't wait! At least the last chapter is called The New Year... I'm also re-reading The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern. It's my top book of 2012. 

On TV: Suits. Surprise, surprise, another legal series. Flashpoint, although it makes me homesick nostalgic for my Toronto days. We've got Isabel, a Spanish series about the queen who lead the inquisition, as well. It's surprisingly good - Spanish TV is usually, um, not... Really, really not.

On my MP3: Regina Spektor, Adele (as usual), Alexi Murdoch, and Steve Bell. All very good for chilling out, and I plan to do a lot of chilling out next week. No school, no babysitting, no major plans. Just lots of chilling out. 

In my browser: The John Lewis Christmas commercial. This fitness website.

On my plate: Soup, salad, and smoothies. Back to the very basics, nice and light after a string of bountiful Christmas meals.

In my mug: Nettle tea, fennel tea, rooibos tea... a whole lot of tea!

On my mind: Games and activities to do with my youngest classes next term. The topic is "people", and we're starting out by designing personal shields. What to plant in my vertical garden (watch for a post about that soon).  

In my agenda: Sofa shopping and a run, both with Tall Guy. A New Year's Eve family dinner. A day trip to a tiny village famous for roast lamb.

On my to-do list: finish a crocheted snowflake garland.

In my heart: a cousin who's just moved across the country and is also spending the holidays "away", the rest of my family at home, the generosity and thoughtfulness of my husband during my Christmas in a land far, far away.


4 comments:

  1. The Night Circus was one of my favorite books from this past year, too. So good! Love that you're a fellow tea drinker.

    Thanks for linking up with What I'm Into!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leigh,

      Thanks for stopping by, and I'm looking forward to next month's What I'm Into - such a cool idea!

      At THIS moment I'm drinking a soup-bowl sized mug of tea and watching Person of Interest. :)

      Delete
  2. One of my sisters gave me Suits Series 1 on DVD for Christmas. I think it's great. Also love Adele - obviously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adele,

      Thanks for visiting my blog. Minding Frankie is next on my Maeve list. Such a great storyteller!

      Delete