Thursday, December 8, 2011

Advent.

First Sunday of Advent




Second Sunday of Advent
 The end of week two already. Two weeks until Christmas. Where has December gone? My deadline for mailing Christmas cards has come and gone. Despite taking time out for a cup of Advent tea, despite devotionals, despite lists and plans for shopping, of making Christmas food, despite trying to slow down, the month is flying by.

And it’s not flying by in the usual bustling Christmas way. Sometimes you just don’t feel it.
 But. It is still Advent.


And maybe this year, instead of feeling Christmassy, I will learn to focus on the reason for the season in flashes, and use the little things that do catch my attention – a Christmas carol heard in a store, a sign for a craft fair, a bowl of cranberry porridge for breakfast – to remind me of the one little thing that is, in fact, the one thing that matters.


(And I will get those cards done. On a plane. There is nothing in my carry-on apart from a box of cards and a couple of pens. Fa la la la la, la la la la!)

No comments:

Post a Comment