Friday, November 18, 2011

Pinterested?

Image courtesy of reclaimed marketplace
After having the invite for a long time (thanks to mbb), and having an account with no boards for a few months, I've finally pushed in my first pins, and it's tons of fun!

"WHAAAAT are you talking about, there, Tall Girl?" you ask.

"Pinterest", I reply

Pinterest is a great way to organize all of those little things you come across online. It's a kind of virtual idea book, and we all know how much I love idea books - I've got a small notebook for ideas that strike while I'm on the go, a file with clippings and notes for future travel, two look books with magazine clippings, fabric swatches and paint chips (for fashion and home decor), and a recipe box stuffed with ways to transform old favourites into healthy new dishes.

Apart from storing ideas, Pinterest allows you to gather ideas. Need to organize your kitchen? Trawl Pinterest. Need a homemade shower gift? Trawl Pinterest. Need to find a way to use those old t-shirts that are too worn out to wear in public but too special to toss? TRAWL PINTEREST.

You can look around as much as you like, but if you'd like to start pinning, you'll need an invitation. Leave me a request in the comments if you'd like to join in the fun.

Oh, and a little warning: do not visit Pinterest for the first time when you've got a long to-do list. While I'm sure you'd be able to find lots of cute day planners, the site will suck you in. There are so many pin-teresting ideas out there! Har, har.

Check out my first board (of course it's related to travel).

P.S. Of course I'll be trawling the markets tomorrow, looking for a globe so I can make that lamp!

2 comments:

  1. Love Pintrest! I didn't know you were on....I am now following you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! You're one up on followers as well. :

    ReplyDelete