Monday, December 13, 2010

Back for a day...

First things first: Emily, you win a German Christmas decoration, congratulations! Or as some, hopefully not many, would say, congradulations...

It´s my penultimate day in Wiesbaden. Where has the time gone? When we came home from London on Saturday, Tall Guy suggested that I finish packing my things. I asked why, and he said, "You´re leaving on Tuesday!" Going home has never snuck up on me this fast. So on Sunday I packed my suitcase. By myself. Without help or meltdowns, AND... it is not overweight! This is a small miracle.

Today I´m organizing the "London" move: three suitcases, two cardboard closet-boxes, and 12 regular boxes, the contents of which are all photographed and listed on an insurance inventory (insurance in case something is lost or in case I loose my mind trying to remember where something is packed!) are just about ready to be picked up.

For my last 24 hours in Wiesbaden, I am planning on doing some last-minute shopping at the Christmas market, tagging along with Tall Guy to his business dinner, spending the morning in a beautiful sauna, having lunch with Tall Guy at Va Piano or cooking sausages and sauerkraut, doing a final bag-check and taking off for Madrid! Phew!

Oh yes, I should mention that... WE HAVE A FLAT IN LONDON! It took a lot of looking and a lot of patience (and I pretty much used up all of Tall Guy´s patience by dragging him to see The Voyage of the Dawn Treader in 3D...), but we now have a lovely two-bedroom flat in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, complete with access to a private garden.

I am excited about going back to London in the new year. Despite two trips, I don´t feel I´ve been there yet - apart from riding a bus, I haven´t done anything "Londony" yet! I basically spent 5 days walking from one flat to another. You can see St. Paul´s Cathedral from Tall Guy´s office, so I know it´s there, and we rode bikes through Hyde Park, so I know it´s there too, but I am just itching to see more.

Have you been to London? Where should I go? What should I see? I´d love your suggestions, and if I take one of your recommendations, I´ll blog about it!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you posted this on the 13th and I didn't know I won until Boxing Day! I should have checked back again sooner! (Admittedly, I checked a few times...) Thank you for the German Christmas snowman. (How do you say snowman in German? I think I should know.) He is now packed up with all my other Christmas ornaments and waiting to be brought out again next year.

    Hope your organizing and planning and visiting is all going very well.

    Unfortunately I have never had the opportunity to visit London, so I have no recommendations to give you. I'll give it a whirl anyway...ummm...how about Buckingham Palace? Or Westminster Abbey? Yeah. And Big Ben.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete