Friday, November 30, 2018

Star of Wonder

December First. 

24 more days.

It's coming.

This year, more than others, I am fully aware that IT IS ALMOST CHRISTMAS! I have my three and half year old to thank for that. His enthusiasm is contagious. I'm also fortunate to be out of the classroom, away from the business of the season, and I have time to really savour the days and appreciate the meaning of Advent with my family.

The teacher in me, who would have had it all laid out weeks in advance, is at odds with the mother of little ones, who sometimes doesn't even know what they'll all be eating for dinner that night. To be intentional, though, requires planning. I've made a rough list of values, experiences, stories, and activities I'd like us to do, a lose framework. And we'll be guided by - what else? - the star.

Edvard Munch, 1893
Starry Night, Edvard Munch
Join us on our advent journey as we lift our eyes and our hearts to follow the star.



No comments:

Post a Comment