Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Tall Girl Teaches: Cowboys have Cows



Kids are smart. This may be hard for some adults to remember, especially if the kid in question is wearing mismatched socks, a superman cape, and a cowboy hat. But kids really are smart, and their minds work in quite logical ways.

Today I was babysitting Ronaldo again. He had the door open before I could even ring the bell.

"COWDY, friend!" he said.

"Um, hello... do you mean Howdy?" I asked.

He stared me down, that cute little superhero. He stared and said,

"No, Tall Girl. Cowboys have cows. Why would they say how?"

He giggled, shot me with his tennis racket laser gun (my fault for teaching him how to "make" one), and took off running down the hall.

"Cowdycowdycowdy, let's plaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yes, let's play.

source

No comments:

Post a Comment