Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Wow, December has sure flown by - it's Christmas Eve already!

I flew from Frankfurt to Madrid a week ago Tuesday, thankfully missing out on all of the snow and wind. I spent one fabulous day in Madrid catching up with old friends, then last Thursday I flew home (just in time for the last choir practice before Christmas... and just in time for the choir Christmas party).

I flew Madrid-Brussels, Brussels-Toronto, and after taking off later than expected in Madrid I was thinking I'd be spending some time in Brussels. I JUST made my connection. I was the last person to board the plane! Hooray! I made it to Toronto as planned, but my suitcase did not. Despite being more than annoyed, I count myself fairly lucky because in all my years of travel, this is the first time that my bags and I have not arrived together.

This week has been a whirlwind of tacky sweater parties, cookie baking nights, tree decorating and Christmas visits, and now it's Christmas Eve. The house is clean, the presents are wrapped, food is ready, cookies are in the oven, the music I'm playing tonight has been practiced, towels have been made into swans for the guest rooms (it's easy!), company is here... now it's time to make the last pot of Advent tea and reflect on the reason for the season.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. you should post a video on how to do the towel swan, always wanted to know :) Hope you had a great Christmas Jess!

    ReplyDelete