Friday, September 3, 2010

Hallo from Wiesbaden!

After packing up our apartment in a frenzy, spending three weeks on vacation, and two days unpacking and "settling in" at our new place, it´s back to reality. Or is it?

For the first time in about 22 years, I am neither going to school nor working. I have four months of free time stretching out ahead of me. Tall Guy started work on Wednesday, but his hours here are from 9ish until 6ish, so he also has more free time. Life here will take some getting used to, but I think I´ll like it (however unsettling not working or studying may be). Tall Guy´s main challenge will be eating lunch at noon, which he thinks is about 3 hours to early!

I spent the last two days wandering around the pedestrian area in the center of Wiesbaden, checking out grocery stores, pharmacies, shops, etc., and reading through the information we picked up at the tourism office (a very friendly employee provided us with a giant pile of brochures - danke!). The weather has been perfect for walking - today it´s 16 degrees and sunny, an extreme but welcome change from the 33+ temperatures we experienced.

Tall Guy brought the magic Internet password home yesterday, so I now have access at home. More posts and emails to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment